For the first time in Cirque du Soleil’s history, Gatineau had the honour of hosting the big top from August 3rd to 27th 2017 at Zibi. This landmark deal between the Ville de Gatineau, Windmill Developments, Dream Unlimited, and Cirque du Soleil created the first iteration of what is to be known as La Place des Festivals.
During this time, we took the opportunity to give attendees a preview of what the new Zibi community will mean for the Ottawa-Gatineau region with our very own Zibi Zone. Guests had the opportunity to learn more about the Zibi project and try their luck at our instant lottery to upgrade their Cirque du Soleil experience. Thank you to everyone who stopped by!
- VOLTA is the first show to use the brand new Cirque du Soleil big top
- From August 3rd to 27th VOLTA was performed a total of 35 times
- French producer Anthony Gonzalez, better known at M83, composed the spellbinding score
- Nearly 80,000 people came to Zibi to see a performance
- VOLTA inaugurated a new intersection at the corner of Laval and Laurier, which will soon become the main entrance to the new Zibi community
- Over 3000 attendees stopped by the Zibi Zone for a chance to win an instant prize
- Over 400 prizes were given away
- 100 lucky attendees had the opportunity to enjoy a glass of wine on the exclusive Zibi Terrasse before the show
- The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau was in attendance with his family for the big premiere, to the delight of others in attendance
What they said
Volta blooms into the kind of extravaganza that Cirque du Soleil fans came to see, and then some — an exuberant, postmodern hodgepodge of dazzling circus feats, extreme sports prowess, occasionally ribald skits and personal affirmation. – Peter Hum for the Ottawa Citizen
Public Parking Lot
The parking lot that was built to accommodate VOLTA guests will be remaining temporarily. For more information and rates, please visit the ParkSafe website.