The Zibi team is looking for One Planet Ambassador
Welcome to Zibi, a world-class sustainable community and redevelopment project. A place where people will live an exceptionally unique and balanced lifestyle combining the best of urbanity and healthy-living principles within a vibrant waterfront community. We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community and we are currently looking for a One Planet Ambassador who will be charged with instilling a sustainable lifestyle within the Zibi community.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Zibi, and it’s happening fast. Are you passionate, dedicated, and excited to reshape the Capital? Do you love working with people? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Over the 3+ years you’ve worked in a customer service, outreach/environmental education or advocacy driven position you’ve proven that you are not afraid to think outside the box to find the best approach to achieve results. You hold sustainability as a core value, and use it as lens in decision making in your life and work. You are proactive, leading by example rather than sitting back. You consider the bigger picture when focusing on new initiatives and you thrive on driving improvement and efficiency and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. It is important to us that you are team- oriented and that people like collaborating with you. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
- You will be the person who will do “welcome” presentations to new owners and tenants to introduce them to the community as a whole and provide them with details on our One Planet Action Plan framework and the objectives at Zibi;
- You will be the go-to person for tenant needs as they relate to sustainability matters;
- As a One Planet Ambassador you will be tasked with developing and arranging programming that is targeted atthe following; water, waste and energy management, wellness programming, transportation network educationand development;
- Work with our Indigenous partners to develop programming and education related to the project and theircommunity;
- Work closely with our property management team on sustainability as it relates to the commercial and retailamenities on site;
- Work to assist with developing a community association for residents and tenants;
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- You will manage our online community forum;
- Work with community/advocacy organizations to integrate regional sustainability priorities into our community;
- You also will have to measure the success of your programming by creating surveys and obtaining data on all ofthe above initiatives and producing reports for the One Planet Action Plan compliance and to improve theprogramming on the site; and
- You may need to help out with other fun and exciting projects as required.What type of experience and skills do you have?These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- We hope you have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Environmental Studies, Sustainability or Administration;
- A current understanding of sustainability issues, both locally and globally;
- 3+ year working in a progressive customer service, outreach/environmental education or advocacy drivenposition. Experience with event planning, program design and coordination would be a bonus;
- The candidate will be bilingual in French and English, both written and oral;
- Has refined interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships withstaff, residents, prospective buyers, realtors, just to name a few;
- Is willing to work some evenings and/or weekends when events are held;
- Be a self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision; and
- You have a valid driver’s license.
Who are we?
Situated on the banks of the Ottawa River, Zibi is located in both the City of Ottawa and the City of Gatineau, something that has never been done before. In Ottawa, Zibi rests on the western edge of downtown, consists of both the Chaudière and Albert Islands and is surrounded by the Ottawa River. These islands are physically disconnected from both cities by the river and present an opportunity to create a unique sense of place amongst the heritage buildings on both islands. In Gatineau, the lands are within the downtown core of the city and provide an opportunity to extend the city out to the banks of the river.
Through this multi-phase development, we will transform the derelict land into a blend of residential housing types of low and high-rise condominium towers and townhomes, commercial and office space, unique waterfront plazas and outdoor squares, recreational facilities, and more. Truly one-of-a-kind, Zibi combines unparalleled views of the Ottawa River, Parliament Hill, Chaudière Falls, and downtown Ottawa and Gatineau skylines framed by a modern architectural design that still respects the heritage of the area. Zibi is where nature, culture, heritage and the joys of life culminate.
How to Apply
Let us know why you’d be a great fit for the position by sending us a cover letter and your CV to OnePlanet@zibi.ca with the subject line “One Planet Ambassador”.